Foreign tourists to Cambodia’s Angkor down 98.8% in July due to pandemic


Cambodia’s famed Angkor Archeological Park received only 1,790 foreign tourists in July 2020, down 98.8 per cent compared to the same month last year, the state-owned Angkor Enterprise said in a statement on Saturday.

The ancient site earned US$78,440 from ticket sales in July this year, also down 98.8 per cent compared to the same month last year, the statement said.

It added that during the first seven months of this year, the park attracted a total of 389,630 foreign visitors earning nearly US$18.2mil from ticket sales, down 72 percent and 70.8 percent respectively compared to the same period last year.

In full: https://www.thestar.com.my/aseanplus/aseanplus-news/2020/08/03/foreign-tourists-to-cambodia039s-angkor-down-988-in-july-due-to-pandemic

© 2020, All rights reserved.



Source link Business

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.


*